Transporting your horses in the world
Transport by ROAD
Transport by AIR
Here you will find questions commonly asked by visitors of Sth-Hipavia, and the answers that we can immediately provide.
Frequently asked Questions
1. Should what documents I provide to Sth-Hipavia to prepare the trip of my horse?
We need a copy of the booklet rating of your horse as well as a commercial invoice or pro forma proving the value of your horse.
2. What documents must my horse travel?
With its rating booklet and health documents.
3. Can a Mare travel?
Full mares can no longer travel after 300 days from the date of protruding.
4. What are the dimensions of a stall?
294cm x width 234 cm x height 232 cm length. The stalls are made to transport 3 horses. Each horse has a third stall, a place of 75 cm wide on 294 cm long, and 115 cm wide if they are traveling together.
5. How long before takeoff that horses should be at the airport?
Horses should arrive 4 hours before the scheduled time of departure in order to complete the administrative formalities and prepare them for their trip.
6. Must my horse wear bandages?
It is best to travel without bandages and use gaiters of transport only if the horses are used.
7. Are the horses automatically sedated during the trip?
We are maximally to avoid any stress before and during transport. As a last resort and if necessary we can reassure them.
8. There was a vet on board?
Not normally. Professional pages accompanying the horses are trained in case of problems in veterinary first aid.
9. Can I accompany my horse during the flight?
This may be possible on some airlines and under certain conditions. Our teams are at your disposal for all information about it.
10. Is my horse will be fed and watered during the journey?
Your horse will travel with a Hay Net and will be regularly watered by our pages during the trip.
11. By which are horses supported upon arrival at destination?
Our pages accompany the horses until they are supported by our correspondent in destination.
12. Can my horse continue his journey by truck on arrival at destination?
Normally Yes. The health visit to destination will allow the vet to decide whether your horse is fit to continue his journey.
13. Am I accused my horse at destination arrival?
Our teams inform you upon arrival of your horse at destination.
97 rue de la Seigneurie
60260 Lamorlaye, France
00 +33 (0)3 44 21 26 01
: 9am to 1pm / 2pm to 6pm